Bend Hoops Premier -- play with the best, against the best.
Bend Hoops will offer individuals the chance to play on competitive travel teams at different times throughout the year. Teams will play against the best players in the west, alongside the best players in the region. While winning is important, it is a process and the focus will be on the effort, not the results. Each individual selected will be challenged to expand their understanding of the game of basketball while being pushed to enhance their individual skill and physical development. Pending the season, teams will typically practice 2 nights per week at Bend Hoops and play in weekend tournaments throughout the Pacific NW (some tournaments may require a 1 or 2 night hotel stay).
** For out of town tournaments, the family is responsible for all of the child’s travel related costs such as hotel, gas, meals (airfare/rental car if applicable) and any other expenses associated with out of town travel.
“Just wanted to say thanks for a great spring season. It was a lot of fun to watch the team at the tourneys and to see them continue to improve. I know speaking for my son that he had a great time and really enjoyed the practices and the games…he was sad to see it end.”
“I just wanted to say thank you for letting my son be a part of your group. He had a blast and learned so much in those 2 months! Please pass my appreciation on to the other coaches too. This is an awesome program!”
Spring Travel Teams
Tryout dates and registration
Players must be registered to attend tryouts. Register by clicking the appropriate link below.
- 5th/6th grade boys tryouts on Thursday March 14th from 5pm to 6:30pm. To register, click here.
- 7th grade boys tryouts on Friday March 15th from 7:30pm to 9pm. To register, click here.
- 8th grade boys tryouts on Friday March 15th from 7:30pm to 9pm. To register, click here.
- High School Girls tryout on Monday March 11th from 7pm to 8:30pm. To register, click here.
* If high school players are in the play-offs, they do not have to participate in the tryout, but must let Bend Hoops know in advance if they intend to play on a Bend Hoops spring travel team.*
If selected to one of our 2019 Spring Travel after the tryouts, players must pay a one time payment. This fee includes everything for the spring season including practices, tournament fees, coaching and does not include hotels rooms, food and travel fees. *Fees* A participation fee of $675 must be paid in full at the time of the team registration (after you have made the team). Fees include all tournament registrations, uniform top/bottoms, and coaches stipend for practices and tournaments. Fees DO NOT include travel expenses for tournaments. For further explanation of fees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you make a team please expect the following.
- We will announce tryout results on Monday March 18th.
- Individual must pay the entry fee by Wednesday, March 28th by 4:00pm. You may pay using the links below, or stoping by during open gym hours with a check or cash.
- 5/6th graders can pay by clicking here.
- 7/8th graders can pay by clicking here.
- Players will be able to use the Bend Hoops gym during ‘Open Gym’ hours during the 7 week season with no charge. We encourage them to come work on their individual skills during the season.
Bend Hoops is actively looking for coaches to lead our travel teams at all practice and at games. If a parent or volunteer decides to coach a team, they may chose to either have the participation fee waived for 1 child, or receive a stipend of similar value. If you are a parent or volunteer interested on coaching please contact us by texting (541)306-4693. If your child is trying out for a team you’d like to coach, your child will need to first make the roster.
- 5th/6th grade boys head coach will be Garret Garcia & directed by Paul Cain who will oversee the team and assist with practices.
- 7th/8th grade boys coaches will be Cale Pearson & directed by Paul Cain who will oversee the team and assist with practices.
- H.S. girls coach is Karen Neibauer.
Team practices start on April 1st, and go through May,15th 2019 (7 weeks). There are 14 total team practices that last 90 minutes each. All practices at bend Hoops on the main court. Two teams will likely be practicing in the gym at the same time.
- 5th/6th grade boys practice from 3:45pm – 5:15pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- 7th/8th grade boys practice from 3:45pm – 5:15pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- H.S. girls practice 5:15pm – 6:45pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Each player must be registered with OAB (Oregon Armature basketball)Teams will participate in 4 away tournaments. Be prepared to stay 1 Saturday overnight for each tournament. Guaranteed 14 games.
- First tournament: April 20th (1 day; 3 games guaranteed) OAB: Eugene
- Second tournament: April 27th (2 days; 4 games guaranteed.) OAB: Corvallis/Lebanon
- Third tournament: May 11th (1 day; 3 game guarantee) OAB: Eugene
- Final tournament: May 18th/19th West Coast Spring Showcase: Portland/Vancouver
Winter Travel Teams
The popular Bend Hoops Winter Travel Team Season (January and February) is back and will offer team options for boys in the 5th, 6th, 7th, & 8th grades. Each team will be made up of individuals who want something more than Park and Rec, do not make a COBO team, or choose not to play on a COBO team during the basketball season. Teams will practice 2x/week for 90 minutes and participate in three local Bend Hoops tournaments as well as one OAB event. For more information about the winter program for your son, please email email@example.com. 2019 Tournament Schedule (TENTATIVE) January 19-20: Bend Hoops Winter Jam Tournament (4 games) February 2: Bend Hoops Super Bowl Shootout (2 games) February 16-17: Bend Hoops Hardwood Challenge Tournament (4 games) February 23-24: OAB Tournament, Eugene (4 games) * Anyone that plays on a Bend Hoops winter team MUST sign up for an AAU membership. To register your son, please click here and select the AB insurance program. ** Please use Bend Hoops club code WYY5C3 when registering with the AAU. *Fees* A participation fee of $425 must be paid in full at the time of registration. Fees include all tournament registrations, uniform top, and coaches stipend for practices and tournaments. Fees DO NOT include travel expenses for one out of town tournament. For further explanation of fees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To Register, click here.
Playing at the Next Level...
Every year, thousands of high school basketball players across the country have the dream of playing college basketball. Unfortunately, that dream ends for many while the select few get the chance to play another four years. In April 2012, the NCAA released the following statistics for male and female basketball players and the chances of moving on to the Division I/II/III, Junior College, or NAIA level. For anyone that would like to consider playing college athletics, be sure to check out the NCAA Eligibility Center. Bottom Line: the odds of playing sports in college is minimal and the odds of being paid to play a college sport is even worse. Your best for for capturing college money is to succeed in the classroom.
- 3.3% of senior HS players end up on teams in college
- 1.3% of senior basketball players in college are drafted by an NBA team
- .03% of HS basketball players will be drafted by an NBA team
- 3.7% of senior HS players will play college basketball
- .9% of college senior players will be drafted by a WNBA team
- .02% of HS seniors playing basketball will be drafted by a WNBA team