Middle School Fall League
Beginning each September, Bend Hoops will be offering a league for middle school kids to sharpen their skills before tryouts and the start of the basketball season. The 6-week program is open to boys and girls enrolled in the 7th and 8th grades and will focus on offensive skill development and live 5 on 5 situations. Practices will be on Friday afternoons (at Bend Hoops) and all games will be played on Saturday early evenings (at Bend Hoops). The games on Saturdays will be scrimmages with official referees, 24 minute running clocks for each half and time and score will be kept on the scoreboard. Teams will mixed up, and be formed equally each week.
- Fri Sept 13th & Sat Sept 14th through/including Fri Oct 18th & Sat Oct 19th, 2019
- Register as an individual and be placed on a team by the Bend Hoops coaching staff
- Individuals MUST bring a reversible jersey (black/white) to each practice and game
- All practices are Friday afternoon from 4-6 pm.
- All games/scrimmages will tip off on Saturdays in the 4:30pm – 6:30 pm range
To register your son or daughter, please click here.
Info for participating players and parents.
- Kaya Crump is our year around basketball director
- Our programs here are 1 on 1 training, clinics, camps, this league- and Spring travel teams… Kaya will be running all of this.
- FRIDAYS– is a 2 hour practice- do not text us if you are going to be late- just show up- wave to Kaya – and jump in the next drill
- SATURDAY GAMES are 430pm & 530pm
- Length of game (warm ups are followed by) two halves of 26 minutes each (each team will have 6 to 7 players per game, so each kid will get a ton of playing time!!)
- Saturday games- we want to make different teams- every week- right at the site on Saturday at 430pm- by Kaya making a verbal announcement of who is in the 430pm game (and by default, if your not verbally listed at 4:30pm by Kaya, you are IN the 530pm game).
- Saturday games- for kids not in the games– they are encouraged to shoot around on the 2 front hoops (for the hour you are not playing). Parents who need to take kids home after playing (and not shoot around for the hour)- that is okay, by your choice.
- Saturday games- Parents who need either 430pm or 530pm because of a conflict- text Mikal 5033804539- so Mikal can make that happen. Try to only use this in urgent/needed situations.
- Saturday Kaya will ask for a volunteer #1 – each game we ask a parent to help run the scoreboard
- Saturday Kaya will ask for a volunteer #2 and #3- each game we ask a parent to help with subs- keeping minutes equal-
- COACH for both teams is Kaya Crump- he will coach all players- for both teams (to keep the message the same for all 32 kids)
- Man to man -is the only defense played-
- Referee- is Brandon Graves- he will keep the games moving along
- And always feel free to attend our OPEN GYMS– 5x per week– as seen on our web site (never the same times- so always check)
High School Players
- High schoolers are welcome to come in an participate in any of our open gyms
- We have Adult pick up games each Tuesday evening, from 7pm – 9pm; Only Varsity, or Junior Varsity H.S players may join the adults.
- Serious High School players are welcome to contact Mikal Duilio about a program called ’60 minute hoops’- these are adult games that are structured and played in 1 hour (few times per week). Text 503-380-4539 to inquire about the possibility of playing in that type of game.