June 17, 2017
Athletes aged 40-49 (exhibition only) and 50+ (National Senior Games qualifying age) can compete in one of the 15 sports offered (14 National Senior Games qualifiers and 1 exhibition). It’s a great chance to test your mettle against other seniors while enjoying a getaway to the outdoor playground of the West. Whether you’re a super-competitive athlete or just someone looking to stay active, the Oregon Senior Games is a great event to add to your 2017 must-do list!
To learn more and register for basketball or any of the other events, please go to the Visit Bend website.
Every year at the awards dinner, several individuals in the Oregon Senior Games will be recognized who best characterize certain aspects of the Games. This year’s dinner will be on Saturday, June 17 at 6pm.
Middle School 3 on 3 Tournament
Bend Hoops will once again be offering a middle school 3 on 3 tournament for boys and girls in the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. Put together a team of friends to compete in this NCAA style tournament where one team will be crowned champion in each division. This one day tournament will take place after the season on March 18, 2017. Games will begin at 10:00 am and the Championship game is estimated to be played at 4:00 pm. Each team must have a ‘team captain’ that will complete the registration process. Please also have a unique team name ready at the time of registration.
- 1 day co-ed tournament
- 2 separate divisions: 5th/6th and 7th/8th
- Registration fee of $85/team
- Maximum of 4 players per team
- All games played at Bend Hoops
To register a team in the 5th/6th grade division, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register a team in the 7th/8th grade division, email email@example.com.
- Each game will be 20:00 minutes
- Combination round robin and bracket play
- 10 minutes in between each game
- The ball will change possession after all made baskets and there is no ‘make it, take it’
- Games shall be played using the 3 point line as the “check line”
- Made 3 pt. FG’s will count as 2 pts. and made 2 pt. FG’s will count as 1 pt.
- If the game ends in a tie, teams will play a sudden death overtime. The team that scores first will be declared the winner.
2016: 3 on 3 Tourney Schedule