Bend Hoops is excited to team up with Oregon Prospects to offer individuals the chance to play on competitive travel teams in the SPRING of each year. While winning is important, it is a process and the focus will be on the effort, not the results. Each individual selected will be challenged to expand their understanding of the game of basketball while being pushed to enhance their individual skill and physical development. James Johnson is the basketball director for Bend Hoops and he will oversee every practice and will coach 1 or 2 teams.
** For out of town tournaments, the family is responsible for all of the child’s travel related costs such as gas, hotel, meals and any other expenses associated with out of town travel.
“Just wanted to say thanks for a great spring season. It was a lot of fun to watch the team at the tourneys and to see them continue to improve. I know speaking for my son that he had a great time and really enjoyed the practices and the games…he was sad to see it end.”
“I just wanted to say thank you for letting my son be a part of your group. He had a blast and learned so much in those 2 months! Please pass my appreciation on to the other coaches too. This is an awesome program!”
Spring Travel Teams: 2021
THE answer for Central Oregon players that are looking to strengthen their game
Oregon Prospect tryout dates and registration for 2021 Travel Teams
Tryouts will occur during the first week of our Spring Clinics on April 13th and 15th. You must be registered for our Spring Clinics to try out.
- 5th grade boys tryouts will occur on Tuesday April 13th and Thursday April 15th from 4:30pm to 5:45pm. To register, click here.
- 6th grade boys tryouts will occur on Tuesday April 13th and Thursday April 15th from 4:30pm to 5:45pm. To register, click here.
- 7th grade boys tryouts will occur on Tuesday April 13th and Thursday April 15th from 5:45pmto 7:00pm. To register, click here.
- 8th grade boys tryouts will occur on Tuesday April 13th and Thursday April 15th from 5:45pmto 7:00pm. To register, click here.
If selected to one of our Spring Travel teams, after the tryouts, players must pay a one time payment. This fee includes everything for the spring season including practices, tournament fees, coaching and does not include hotels rooms, food and travel fees. *Fees* A participation fee of $450 must be paid in full at the time of the team registration (after you have made the team). Fees include all tournament registrations, uniform tops, and coaches stipend for practices and tournaments. Fees DO NOT include travel expenses for tournaments. For further explanation of fees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you make a team please expect the following.
- We will announce tryout results on Friday, April 16th.
- Individual must pay the entry fee by Monday, April 19th by 4pm. You must pay using the links below:
Practices for Spring Travel teams 2021
Since we are running this years Travel teams in conjuncture with our Spring Clinics there will only be 2 weekend practices. These practices will be designed to introduce a couple basic offensive and defensive plays that will be used in games. Date and time of the practices are TBD and will be announced after the team’s are chosen.
Tournaments for Spring Travel teams 2021
Teams will participate in 2 away tournaments. Be prepared to stay 1 Saturday overnight for each tournament. Guaranteed 8 games.
- First tournament: May 8th/9th, 2021 (2 day; 4 games guaranteed) – Location TBD
- Second tournament: May 22nd/23rd, 2021 (2 days; 4 games guaranteed.) – Location TBD
Playing at the Next Level...
Every year, thousands of high school basketball players across the country have the dream of playing college basketball. Unfortunately, that dream ends for many while the select few get the chance to play another four years. In April 2012, the NCAA released the following statistics for male and female basketball players and the chances of moving on to the Division I/II/III, Junior College, or NAIA level. For anyone that would like to consider playing college athletics, be sure to check out the NCAA Eligibility Center. Bottom Line: the odds of playing sports in college is minimal and the odds of being paid to play a college sport is even worse. Your best for capturing college money is to succeed in the classroom.
- 3.3% of senior HS players end up on teams in college
- 1.3% of senior basketball players in college are drafted by an NBA team
- .03% of HS basketball players will be drafted by an NBA team
- 3.7% of senior HS players will play college basketball
- .9% of college senior players will be drafted by a WNBA team
- .02% of HS seniors playing basketball will be drafted by a WNBA team