Bend Hoops will offer individuals the chance to play on competitive travel teams in the SPRING of each year. Teams will practice 14x and play in 4 out of town tournaments (playing 12 to 14 games). While winning is important, it is a process and the focus will be on the effort, not the results. Each individual selected will be challenged to expand their understanding of the game of basketball while being pushed to enhance their individual skill and physical development. Teams will typically practice 2 nights per week at Bend Hoops (part of what you pay for- is 14 practices) and each team play in 4 weekend tournaments throughout the Pacific NW (it is anticipated that two tournaments will not required an overnight stay and 2 tournaments will require a 1 night hotel stay). Kaya Crump is the basketball director for Bend Hoops and he will oversee every practice and will coach 1 or 2 teams.
** For out of town tournaments, the family is responsible for all of the child’s travel related costs such as gas, hotel, meals and any other expenses associated with out of town travel.
“Just wanted to say thanks for a great spring season. It was a lot of fun to watch the team at the tourneys and to see them continue to improve. I know speaking for my son that he had a great time and really enjoyed the practices and the games…he was sad to see it end.”
“I just wanted to say thank you for letting my son be a part of your group. He had a blast and learned so much in those 2 months! Please pass my appreciation on to the other coaches too. This is an awesome program!”
Spring Travel Teams: 2020
THE answer for Central Oregon players that are looking to strengthen their game
Tryout dates and registration for 2020 Travel Teams
Players must be registered to attend tryouts. Register by clicking the appropriate link below.
- 5th/6th grade boys tryouts will occur on Tuesday March 10th from 4pm to 5:30pm. To register, click here.
- 7th/ 8th grade boys tryouts will occur on Mon March 10th from 7:30pm to 9pm. To register, click here.
- 7th/8th grade girls tryouts will occur on Wed March 12th from 7:30pm to 9pm. To register, click here.
- High School Girls tryout will occur on Tuesday March 10th from 5:30pm to 7pm. To register, click here.
- High School Boys tryout will occur on Thursday March 13th from 7:30pm – 9pm. To register, click here.
* If high school players are in the play-offs, they do not have to participate in the tryout, but must let Bend Hoops know in advance if they intend to play on a Bend Hoops spring travel team.*
If selected to one of our Spring Travel teams, after the tryouts, players must pay a one time payment. This fee includes everything for the spring season including practices, tournament fees, coaching and does not include hotels rooms, food and travel fees. *Fees* A participation fee of $675 must be paid in full at the time of the team registration (after you have made the team). Fees include all tournament registrations, uniform top/bottoms, and coaches stipend for practices and tournaments. Fees DO NOT include travel expenses for tournaments. For further explanation of fees, please email email@example.com. If you make a team please expect the following.
- We will announce tryout results on Monday March 16th.
- Individual must pay the entry fee by Wednesday, March 25th by 4pm. You may pay using the links below, or stopping by during open gym hours with a check or cash.
- 5/6th graders can pay by clicking here.
- 7/8th graders can pay by clicking here.
- Players will be able to use the Bend Hoops gym during ‘Open Gym’ hours during the 7 week season with no charge. We encourage them to come work on their individual skills during the season.
Coaches for Spring Travel teams 2020
Bend Hoops is actively looking for coaches to lead our travel teams at all practice and at games. If a parent or volunteer decides to coach a team, they may chose to either have the participation fee waived for 1 child, or receive a stipend of similar value. If you are a parent or volunteer interested on coaching please contact us by calling (541) 306-4693. If your child is trying out for a team you’d like to coach, your child will need to first make the roster.
- 5th/6th grade boys head coach will be TBD
- 7th/8th grade boys coaches will be TBD
- H.S. girls coach is TBD
- H.S. Boys Catch is TBD
Practices for Spring Travel teams 2020
Team practices start on April 1st, and go through May,15th 2019 (7 weeks). There are 14 total team practices that last 90 minutes each. All practices at bend Hoops on the main court. Two teams will likely be practicing in the gym at the same time.
- 5th/6th grade boys practice from 3:45pm – 5:15pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- 7th/8th grade boys practice from 3:45pm – 5:15pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- H.S. girls will practice 7pm – 8:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- H.S. Boys will practice 7pm – 8:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Tournaments for Spring Travel teams 2020
Teams will participate in 4 away tournaments. Be prepared to stay 1 Saturday overnight for each tournament. Guaranteed 14 games.
- First tournament: April 18th, 2020 (1 day; 3 games guaranteed) – most likely Eugene
- Second tournament: April 25th/26th, 2020 (2 days; 4 games guaranteed.) most likely- Corvallis/Lebanon
- Third tournament: May 9th, 2020 (1 day; 3 game guarantee) – most likely Eugene
- Final tournament: May 16th/17th, 2020 West Coast Spring Showcase: Portland/Vancouver
Playing at the Next Level...
Every year, thousands of high school basketball players across the country have the dream of playing college basketball. Unfortunately, that dream ends for many while the select few get the chance to play another four years. In April 2012, the NCAA released the following statistics for male and female basketball players and the chances of moving on to the Division I/II/III, Junior College, or NAIA level. For anyone that would like to consider playing college athletics, be sure to check out the NCAA Eligibility Center. Bottom Line: the odds of playing sports in college is minimal and the odds of being paid to play a college sport is even worse. Your best for capturing college money is to succeed in the classroom.
- 3.3% of senior HS players end up on teams in college
- 1.3% of senior basketball players in college are drafted by an NBA team
- .03% of HS basketball players will be drafted by an NBA team
- 3.7% of senior HS players will play college basketball
- .9% of college senior players will be drafted by a WNBA team
- .02% of HS seniors playing basketball will be drafted by a WNBA team